Islamic Outreach Center
Towards inter-faith understanding.
What is the IOC and what makes us unique?
Objectives of IOC
- Committed to serving the needs of both; the Muslims and the Non-Muslims in the Greater Houston vicinity.
- Organize, educate and empower the Muslims to be proactive and to civically engage in their local community.
- Teach our youth to become socially responsible and groom them for leadership. Be a Youth-Centric facility.
- Develop and nurture interfaith understanding and cooperation to ensure social harmony.
- Be a vibrant, thriving institution for higher learning and social justice.
We are an Islamic organization, which strives for mutual respect and harmony through education, tolerance and social activism.
Our Guiding Principle is: “Shahaadat ‘Alan Naas – Be a Witness Over Mankind”
IOC is located on 10 acres in a ranching community providing visitors with a unique, serene experience of nature. The newly completed soccer field in the middle of well-maintained grassy surrounding combines’ tranquility and encourages activity.
IOC is a project of Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) and has close partnership with Islamic Learning Foundation (ILF)-A division of ICNA. Several ongoing ILF seminars and courses bring fresh, relevant topics for the community. This is possible through the excellent ILF teachers at IOC’s disposal.
Strengthening community relations through outreach
One of the main purposes of the IOC is community outreach. IOC has held several activities to invite and involve the surrounding community to encourage dialogue and understanding of Islam. Open houses and family nights are open to all community regardless of race or religion. IOC is focused and enthusiastic to reach out to the community in creative, inviting and engaging way to dispel misconceptions about Islam.
In addition to ILF classes, there are regular family nights with thought evoking topics such as debt management, parenting skills, power of prayer etc.